First and foremost, this is not a joke. I am 100% dead serious about this. Now watch the video.
What, not enough for you? I chose $50 because it is the cost of 1 day of our travel—meaning that if I’m busy paying you my $50 instead of my bank account, that’s one day less of traveling we get to do when we leave. That’s painful to think about, and I’ve discovered I’m sadly motivated more by pain than the other advanced hierarchies of thought. Besides, I’m not very charitable, so the thought of giving $50 of my hardest-earned dough to someone completely at random is like a jab to the kidney.
Why you Should Sign Up
If you’re wondering if the odds be ever in your favor, I’ll say this: I’ve attempted just the running portion of this challenge the past 3 weeks and have failed it twice. That there’s pretty good odds for you. I could really use your help keeping me accountable, as this is something I’ve been needing to do for a long time and have thus far been unsuccessful. I’m not going to promise that someone will get $50 bucks every week because that’ll make me broke very quickly and Christmas is coming up. But when all it takes is a couple steps from you to sign up, isn’t it worth it to potentially get $50 for doing, well, nothing?
This Week’s Challenge
Obviously I’m starting out low to make sure I don’t hurt myself, but it’s still quite a challenge for me in my current state. I also had to make sure that I could do all these things during the course of a week and still work 55-60 hours for my job AND spend time with my family (you can start to see why exercise hasn’t been a focus). Without further ado, here’s this week’s goals:
- Run 15 miles (= ~2/day)
- Do 280 pushups (= 40/day)
- Do 140 supercrunches (= 20/day, I’ll show you what these are in the next video)
- Drink a protein shake every morning
- Eat oat bran or oatmeal for one meal each day
There are some rules with this challenge that I have to play by:
- I have the whole week to accomplish these goals unless it’s listed as a daily goal (meaning that if I neglect to run till the end of the week, I’ll have to pound mileage into a short period of time).
- I don’t exercise on Sundays, so exercise goals have to be finished during the other 6 days.
- Because I fast the first Sunday of every month, I won’t be following the food tasks that day.
- Finally, Every week the exercise goals must increase by at least 10%. Will probably be more though.
There’s a few things you need to do to be eligible to get paid:
- CLICK HERE and submit your email (I promise we won’t sell it).
- CLICK HERE and like our Facebook page.
- CLICK HERE and subscribe to our Youtube channel.
At the end of the week I’ll post another video to our youtube channel with how the week went and whether I crushed the challenge or not. Should I fail, the winner’s name will be announced in the follow-up youtube video, so make sure to watch it to find out if I owe you a $50-spot. I’ll make sure you know when the video’s up via email and facebook, so please submit accurate information. If you are the winner, you need to:
- Have a current paypal account
- Message our facebook page here and include your name and email to claim your greenbacks. Make sure to include the email you use for paypal if it’s different than the one you signed up with.
- Claim your prize before the end of the next week’s challenge or the money gets re-raffled (Don’t worry folks, I still have to pay up.)
- Once we verify that you’ve followed the rules, we’ll send the money to the email you confirmed in step 2.
My primary goal with this is to get fit, regardless of whether there’s 1 person that signs up or 500. In making this public, I’m much less inclined to fail than when it’s just me that knows about it. I’m sure I’ll screw up from time to time, and I’ll pay the price. But it’s all worth it if it gets me to where I need to be physically. Thanks a ton for your help, and please take my money.
Oh yeah, and if you didn’t catch the announcement in the video, we’re officially leaving for our year-long world trip April 1st, 2014. And our first country is Fiji. I’ve got more for ya, but that’s just spoilers.